2016 Annual Meeting
2016 Annual Meeting Website
Sign up for the Pre-Conference Workshop!
Sunday, June 26, 2016
12:00pm - 5:00pm
Chicago Mart Plaza
350 West Mart
at River North Point Chicago, Il 60654
$75 for all Attendees
Workshop and Discussion
4.0 PDH Credits
This course will use presentations that involve lessons learned, best practices, and case studies to gain and strengthen knowledge in the following areas:
Roundabout Planning and Site Selection
- Intersection control evaluation
- Where not to use roundabouts
- The emerging FHWA ICE process
- Examples of different types of reports
- Incorporating safety and life cycle costs as a part of these reports
- System considerations (signals and roundabouts)
- ADA considerations
Roundabout Analysis and Software in the Design Process (ARCADY, SIDRA, Synchro, and Highway Capacity Manual)
- Learn capacity and basic sizing techniques for roundabouts, including calibration to local conditions with a class problem
- Review types of capacity models - analytical - simulation - empirical
- Introduced to ARCADY, SIDRA, Synchro, and Highway Capacity Manual (HCM) techniques to gain skills in analyzing roundabout capacity for developing layouts and predicting the effects of modifying designs.
Wrap up Question and Answer session to discuss where agencies currently are and what their next steps are.
Mark Lenters, P.E.
Mark Lenters is the Service Group Manager for GHD Inc. For the past 15 years, Mr.Lenters has focused his professional engineering practice on modern roundabouts.
He is a leading engineer in this era of the expanding use of roundabouts in North America.His work covers all aspects of policy, planning, design, public outreach,
and research in roundabouts.He provides on-call design review and standards for numerous DOT's and local agencies. He served on the review panel for the 2010 FHWA Roundabout Guide;
is a vice chair of the ITE Roundabouts Committee; and is a member of the TRB Roundabout Committee. In addition to his technical expertise, Mr. Lenters is a highly rated instructor,
having conducted roundabout design and software-based design courses since 2002.
Registrations are due on Friday, June 10, 2016. To register, click here